Kick-start your career in aged care
At ARRCS, we understand the importance of First Nations people caring for First Nations people and the cultural barriers they can face when entering the workforce. Our First Nations Traineeship Program supports and mentors successful applicants through theory and practical sessions with cultural respect.
We want our trainees to know that culture is our priority, and you are culturally safe within the workplace.
Roles and requirements
We are offering 30 traineeships in aged care to First Nations Peoples across the Northern Territory, where you can earn while you learn. Our 12-18 month traineeships are ideally suited to school leavers looking at career options or people interested in securing a mentored and supported traineeship which can lead to a promising career. We are looking for motivated and compassionate people who are excited to learn and passionate about looking after our Elders.
- Personal care worker: Certificate III in Individual Support – Aged Care with GTNT Group’s Institute of Skills and Training Australia.
- Hospitality worker: Certificate III in Commercial Cookery with CDU TAFE.
- Leisure and lifestyle officer: Certificate IV in Leisure and Health with Dovaston Training and Assessment Centre.
- IT worker: Certificate III in IT with CDU TAFE.
- Pay you to study a nationally recognised and accredited certificate.
- Provide paid on-the-job training.
- Ensure you have individualised and culturally sensitive mentor support.
Prior to commencing paid work, you will have:
- An annual flu vaccine.
- A First Aid Certificate.
- A National Criminal History Check dated within three months of commencement.
What our students say
I came to ARRCS through GTNT Institute of Skills and Training Australia where I completed my Certificate III in Individual Support. I currently work in Terrace Gardens’ memory support unit supporting our residents with more advanced stages of dementia. I love working on my feet and being able to build positive relationships with my residents, learning the resident’s individual needs and supporting them however they need. It’s hard work but I believe that other young people would enjoy being a care worker as it is a very fulfilling job. As an Indigenous person, I also believe having more First Nations staff would highly benefit our First Nations residents in aged care and I encourage more Indigenous people to apply.
ARRCS has one intake a year:
- 2024 intake: Applications currently closed
To enquire for our First Nations traineeships, please complete the form below. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us on 08 8982 5200.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.