There are many disability supports available so you can have choice and control in your life. Here is our guide to the main disability support options.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been a big change to the way funding and support is delivered to people with a disability. It is available in the Northern Territory to people aged between seven and 65, and is designed to give you choice and control over the supports you need to live an ordinary life. As more people throughout the Northern Territory are assessed for the NDIS, particularly in remote areas, we are on hand to support you with the services you choose.
If you are eligible for the NDIS, you:
- Decide what your goals are.
- Meet with the National Disability Insurance Agency (or designated Local Area Co-ordinator).
- Receive a plan outlining the amount of money you will receive to fund particular supports.
- Choose who will provide those supports and services.
To check your eligibility or apply, call 1800 800 110 or visit https://www.ndis.gov.au/
If you already have your NDIS plan, call us on 08 8982 5200 to start receiving your supports.
NT Office of Disability
Adults and children with no permanent disability but who still live with mild to moderate impairment – who are not eligible for the NDIS – may still qualify for health services and support through the NT Office of Disability.
The government offers eligible residents support with:
- Allied health services such as physiotherapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy.
- Community equipment to assist them in everyday life.
- The Seating Equipment Assessment and Technical (SEAT) service, providing assessments and supports to wheelchair users, families and carers.
To confirm eligibility, call the NT Office of Disability on 1800 139 656.
Fee for service
Under the fee-for-service option, you can privately fund your disability and lifestyle support services. This might be an option if you:
- Are not eligible for the NDIS or other support.
- Are eligible for the NDIS but are waiting for your NDIS plan to come through.
- Are receiving government funding but would like to purchase an additional service on top of what that funding allows.
- Require supports that are not currently funded.
Call our friendly team on 08 8982 5200 to discuss your support requirements.
Please fill out the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.